WE HAVE BEEN HERE BEFORE

 
Some of my best friends and I have lived this, marched in this, wrote songs about this, protested in city halls and universities about this 50 years ago. 
 
I am so very disappointed that nothing, absolutely nothing we attempted to create within our Counter Culture movement succeeded in creating a lasting enlightenment of consciousness for the people in this country. 
 
In my world, I was proud to stand on the shoulders of my creative and enlightened mentors such as Dylan, Lennon, Baez and scores of other musicians who took a stand and lifted up the moral compass and took their hits from the bigots and haters while alienating themselves from half of their fans who refused to learn, grow and rise up into the same enlightenment. 
 
With this being said,  I am calling out my musician friends, my film maker friends my fellow poets and social activist friends to rise up and pull your heads out of the sand! 
 
Stop worrying about whether your downloads might suffer your concert attendance drop or that some redneck might say something on your Facebook Fan page.  
 
Rise up and stand .... or do we settle for the label the Counter Culture was left with 40 years ago? ..."Stoners, Commies and Whiners"...    
 
SAY Something ... be brave... return to your youths' idealism 
 
Remember:   
 

 
A recent article of one of the disciples of Martin Luther King Jr., Congressman John Lewis:


https://bittersoutherner.com/2020/the-way-of-john-lewis-cynthia-tucker-black-lives-matter?utm_source=pocket-newtab
 
 
 
 

It is the collective obligation of humankind to ensure the peace and to embolden ethical and moral deeds which protect the worlds civilizations from the darkness. Unim Orbus Unim Veritas



 





Popular posts from this blog

They Come, Because We Hire Them

My fellow Artists__ Let Your Art Be The Change You Want The World To Be

Does It Matter What You Vote For When Amoral Politicians Represent A Broken System?